Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My New Thoughts on Technology

I'm a college student and therefore I rely heavily on technology. This past weekend technology was not a friend of mine. I was working on assignments for this class and as I was ready to submit them in the dropbox I realized that I was unable to access D2L or my campus email. It told me to call the help desk, which I did and wouldn't you know that nobody answers on the weekends. Not that this was a big problem but it was frustrating to me because I was in the homework zone and wanted it done. So I called the help desk and they gave me the run around and asked if I changed my password when it was suggested that I do so. I told him yes and he told me to go back and use my student ID as my password. That's what I ended up doing and it got me into D2L, however, I am still unable to get into my email.
On the flipside to that I spent sometime today at work creating a video slideshow of the children in my classroom for the parents at Christmas. I'm very excited about how it looks and can't wait to show it at our Christmas program.
So in the end I have mixed feelings about technology today. Some days I love it and think that it makes my life easier and other days I want to throw my laptop out the window.

1 comment:

Nay Nay said...

Laura,
I know what you mean about technology being frustrating. I am having the same frustration with the imovie. I use a program to make these same slide show and because we have to use pinnacle or the imovie program and I can't seem to get either one to work for me. I don't have high speed and so downloading the pinnacle has been a nightmare and I really am not a fan of the mac machines (sorry to everyone who likes them) so using them in class is again frustrating. What I am most frustrated about is why do I have to learn everything on a mac machine if I have no plan of purchasing one and I already can do it on my computer.